Name in Full: Dr. DARLA VENKATESWRA RAO
Mother’s Name: Peda Nagamma
Father’s Name: Lankayya
Wife’s Name: M.Manju sree
(Fifth September Nineteen seventy three)
Place of Birth: Cheyyeru Agraharam.,
East Godavari District, A.P.,
Mother Tongue: Telugu
Nationality & Caste: Indian; S.C.
Present Profession: Sr. Lecturer. Dept.of Telugu.
) Central University
, A.P. India HYDERABAD
Date of Join in the University: 02-11-2004
Before join in the University: Three Years as Telugu Lecturer,
SAP Degree (Govt. Aided) College, Vikarabad, R.R., District. A.P.
Research Areas: Indian Poetics,
Principles of Literary Criticism,
Dalit Literature, Modern Padyakavyas,
Present Address: Teachers Flat, Unit-7,
E-mail: email@example.com Near Ladies Hostels compound,
firstname.lastname@example.org University Campus,
, University of Hyderabad
O4o- 23133563( Office) Gachibowli, Hyderabad-46.
Home Page: www. vrdarla.blogspot.com
1. Ph.D., Telugu:
University of Hyderabad ( Central University) , 2003 Hyderabad
2. M.Phil., Telugu:
University of Hyderabad ( Central University) , 1998 Hyderabad
3. M.A., Telugu:
University of Hyderabad ( Central University) , 1997 Hyderabad
4. M.A. Sociology: Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University,
, 2005 Hyderabad
Potti Sree Ramulu Telugu University, , 2000 Hyderabad
6. B.A. (Spl.Telugu):
, 1995 (1st Rank) Andhra University
7. Intermediate (Spl.Telugu): SKBRCollege, Amalapuram, E.G. District, 1992
, Waltair, 1989 Andhra University
9. JR.Dip. (Sanskrit):
Osmania University, , 1997 Hyderabad
9. JR.Dip. (Sanskrit):
M.Phil. Topic: Gnananadankavi Amrapali Pariseelana
Ph.D., Topic: Parisodhakuduga Arudra (Arudra as a Researcher)
Four M. Phil Research Scholars are completed research under my supervision
Two M. Phil Research Scholars are doing research under my supervision
Four Ph.D Research Scholars are doing research under my supervision
1.) Madiga chaitanyam (Anthology of Poetry)- 1997
2.) Sahitimurtula prasasthi.-1997
3.) Amrapali Pariseelana-1999 (M.Phil. Research)
4.) Dalita tatwikudu (Anthology of Poetry)-2004
5.) Srujanatmaka rachanalu cheyadam ela? ( Applied Criticism) - 2005
6.) Sahiti Sulochanam ( Essays of Literary Reviews) - 2006
7.) Oka madiga smruti: nagappagari Sunder Raju parichayam ( Monograph)- 2007
8.) DalitaSahityam: Madiga drukpatham ( Literary Criticism) -2008
9.) Veechika ( Essays of Literary Criticism) - 20009
A) “Shahitimootulaprasashti” (Published by Dr.S.SaratjyotsnaRani.,-1997)
B) “Madigachaitanyam” (First Book for Poetry Collection of Madigas in Telugu
Literature with their photos) Published by Madiga Sahitya Vedika., Hyderabad. A.P.,
Papers Presentation :National Level:
1. Presented a Paper on Dalita chriastava kathaa Sahityam-Samaajika Chaitanyam (Social Awareness in Dalit Christian short stories in Telugu Literature), in the UGC National Seminar on Social Awareness in Telugu Literature held at Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada from 22nd July 2005 to 23rd July 2005.
2. Presented a Paper on Telugu kavitvam maanava sambandhaalu: matru Bhavana (Human Relations in Telugu Poetry, a concept of Mother) in the UGC. Sponsored National Seminar on Sahityam:Maanava sambhandhalu-Viluvalu (Human Relations and Values in Telugu Literature) at Montessori Women’s Degree College, Vijayawada held on 13th August 2005.
3. Presented a Paper on Ventaadina avamaanam katha:Dalita vaastavika jeevitham.(Dalit Reality in Telugu short story Ventadina Avamaanam) The work shop–cum-National Seminar on Telugu-Malayalam short story translation held in the Department of Telugu & Orient Languages, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur Combined organized with UGC, Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi, during 03-04th October, 2005.
4. Presented a Paper on Tolitaram Sahitya Parisodhakuduga Pingali Lakshmi kantham in the National Seminar on The First Generation Researchers in Telugu held in the Department of Telugu, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad during 07-09th November, 2005.
5. Presented a Paper on “Kulavritti Katha” : Bhoutika Vaasthavikata in the UGC National Seminar on An Overview of Prof.Kolakaluri Enoch’s Literature, held in koti womens college, Hyderabad, Conducted by Potti Sree Ramulu Telugu University, during 18,19th February, 2007.
6. Presented a Paper on Feminist Approach in Muslim Minority Poetry, in the UGC National Seminar on Women Writers in Telugu Literature, held at Bandlamudi Hanumayamma Hindu Mahila Kalasala, Guntur, on 22, September 2007.
7. Presented a Paper on Antarartha Ramayanam in the UGC National Seminar on Sreemadrayanam , held at
, Bhadrachalam, from 13,14th, and 15th November , 2007. Govt. Degree & PG College
8. Submitted a paper on Feminist approach in Muslim minority Literature in UGC,National Seminar on Women writers in Telugu Literature, held atBandlamudi Hanumayamma Hindu Mahila Degree Kalasala, Guntur, on22nd September 2007.
9. Submitted a paper on Antaratha Ramayanam in the UGC National Seminar on Sreemadh Ramayanam held at Govt. Degree & P.G. College, Badhrachalam on 15th November 2007.
10. Presented a paper on Life Reflections of Dalits: Special reference to S.C., sub caste Madiga in the National seminar on Dalit Literature held at New Delhi , conducted by Bharatiya Dalit Sahitya Academy , New Delhi on December 9th &10th 2007.
11. Presented a paper on Dr. Boyi Bheemanna’s Ragavaasistham Natakam:Prayogauchityam, in the National Seminar on Boyi Bheemanna Sahityam-Jaateeya drukpatham held at Department of Telugu, Osmania University, Hyderabad, on 2nd and 3rd April 2008.
12. Presented a paper on Masterjee Sahityam:Bahujana Vaadam, in the National Seminar on Dalita Kalamandali Srusthinchina Sahityam,Kalarupalu-Samajam pai vaati Prabhaavam, held at Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, on 27th July 2008.
13. Presented a paper on Muslim Minority Sahityam-Maro Choopu, in the National Seminar & Symposium on Telugu Minority Literature, held at Rajahmundry, on 8-10th December 2008, Conducted by Sahitya Akademy, Adikavi Nannayya University and Manogna Samskrutika Sahitya Samstha.
14. Presented a paper on Grameena Samskrutika pai prapancheekarana Prabhaavam in the National Seminar on Telugu Kavitwam pai Prapancheekarana Prabhaavam, held at Dept.of Telugu, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, on 24-25th October 2008.
15. Presented a paper on panchamam navala-dalita udyamam, in the National Seminar on Telugu Navala, Kathanika: Samajika Jeevita Chitrana, held at Dept.of Telugu, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, on 13-14th March 2009.
State level Seminars:
1.Presented a paper on Dalita Sahityamlo Kulam-Vargam:Sambuka drikpatham. (Caste and Class in Dalit Literature:A Perspective of Poet Sambuka), in the State Seminar on Sambuka literature in Telugu Literature held at Smbuka smaraka sannaahaka committee , Guntur , on 1stApril 2005.
2. Presented a paper on Dlita Sahitya anth Samgarshana: Vargeekarana Sahityam (Internal Conflicts in Telugu Dalit Literature: A Trend of Vargeekarana Literature), in the Book Releasing function and Workshop on Different Trends in Telugu Dalit Literature held at Press Club, Hyderabad, on 30 th November 2005.
3. Presented a Paper on Kalipatnam Rama Rao katha Samkalpam” in the State Writers Work shop on Creative Writing Skills in Telugu Literature held in Praja Sahiti , Hyderabad, on 22nd April 2006.
4. Presented a Paper on Historical Background of Madiga Literature in the workshop on An Overview of Nagappagari Sunder Raju’s Literature held in Dalit Students Union, Hyderabad, on 22nd July 2006.
5. Presented a Paper on Reporting Methods in Biographical Sketch ( Special reference to “Baludishilpam”) in the A workshop on An Overview of Kandukuri Ramesh Babu’ Literature held in Spruha Literary Organization, Hyderabad, on 25th September 2006.
6. Presented a Paper on Kalipatnam Ramarao’s “Samkalpam”(story)-theme and Technique in the workshop on Creative writing Techniques of Telugu Short Story, held in Praja Sahiti, Hyderabad, on 22nd October 2006.
7. Presented a paper on Telugu katha: Dalita Vaadham (Dalit Perspective of Telugu Short Story) in the State level Seminar on Telugu kathaa Sahityam: Adhunika Drikpathaalu (Modern Perspectives of Short Stories in Telugu Literature) held at Ravindra Bharathi Conference Hall, Hyderabad, conducted by jyotsnakalaapeetham and Andhra Pradesh Cultural Council, from 16 - 17 th November 2006.
- Published an Essay on Sri Sri somta gomtulo mahAprastAnam ,
http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/nivali/arudra.html 15th June 2002.
- Published an Essay on Viplava, Dalita Udyama Naayaktva Visleshana, Andhra Prabha Literary Supplement, Hyderabad, 17th June 2005.
And Online: http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/kashim.html 17th June 2005.
- Published an Essay on Sonta Astitvaanikai Gukka Pattina Telangaana Kavitvam, Visalandhra Literary Supplement, Hyderabad, 10th October 2005.
And Online: http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/gukka.html 23rd September 2005.
- Published an Essay on kasula Pratapa Reddy katha Ventaadina Avamaanam: Dalita Vaastavika Jeevitam, Netinijam Literary Supplement, Hyderabad, page: 07, 24th October 2005. And Online: http://prajakala.org/mag/2007/04/darla_03 April, 2007.
- Published an Essay on Dalita Sahityamlo Kulam-Vargam: Sambuka drikpatham. (Caste and Class in Dalit Literature:APerspective of Poet Sambuka),.Sambuka Dasaabdham Souvenir of Sambuka Literature,Published by Smbuka smaraka sannaahaka committee , pages: 68- 73, Guntur , 1stApril 2005. And Online: http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/essay/2007/sambuka-darla-100707.html 1st July 2007.
- Published an Essay on Telugu Raajakeeyaallo kavitvam, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/essay/politicalpoetry.html, 2nd December 2005.
- Published an Essay on Konni Peradeelu : Prayojanam, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/essay/darla.html , 9th December 2005.
8. Published an Essay on Vastu Silpalaku Kotta Ellalu : Yellam Katha ,Vaartha Sunday Literary Supplement , Hyderabad, 18th June 2006. (Pages: 34-35), And Online: http://vrdarla.blogspot.com/2007/11/kasula-ellama-katha-review.html
9. Published an Essay on Asthitwa Vedanala Kalingandhra Kavitwam, Andhra Prabha Literary Supplement , and Praja Shaiti, Monthly, 2007. http://www.telugupeople.com/discussion/multiPageArticle.asp?id=54779&page=1
- Published an Essay on Vallampati VenkataSubbaiah Vimarasha Drukpatham, Adhunika sAhitya vimarSakula prastAnam , pp:215 – 235.
- Published an Essay on AmrapAli mUlakathallO mArpulu:ouchityaputeerpulu”.
(Sunday Supplement, Andhra bhoomi, 13-09-1998 & 20-09-1998)
- Published an Essay on “mallavarapu john kavitwamlO mAdhuryam”
Specil Issue, Shiti Kaumudi , February- April- 2007. pp: 11-13.
- Published an Essay on “tolitaram pariSOdhakuDuga Acharya pingali lakshmikAntam” ,National Seminar Special Issue -2005.pp: 273 – 300,Published by Dept.of Telugu,University of Hyderabad.
- Published an Essay on “maxim gOrky amma navala – kalAdripkatham ‘’
PrajaSahiti Monthly, Special Issue, March -2007.pp: 59-60.
- Published an Essay on”astitva vEdanalanu pratidhanichina KalingAndhra kavitwam”PrajaSahiti Monthly, June-2007.pp:28-32. And Online :http://www.telugupeople.com/discussion/multiPageArticle.asp?id=54779&page=1
- Published an Essay on Acharya kolakaluri enoch gAri kathallO ambedkr bhAvajAlam:kulavritti kathalO bhautika vAstavikatha” And Online http://prajakala.org/mag/2007/06/darla_june_essay
17. Published an Essay on Arudra Vaiyaktika Vimarsha, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/nivali/arudra.html 26th August 2005.
18. Manasuna Manasai Navalalo StreeVaadam, http://eemaata.com/em/issues/200709/1141.html
19. Published an Essay on Muslim Minority kavitwam, http://prajakala.org/mag/2007/11/darlanov_essay
20. Published an Essay on Dalita Kavitwamlo Amma, choopu Bi-Monthly
21. Published an article on Prof.kolakalluri Enoch’s short story kulavrutti katha :Bhoutika Vaastavikata in may 2007, www.prajakala.org , online magazine.
22. Published an article on Muslim Minority Kavithvamlo streevaadadrukptham , Hyderabad Mirror Daily Literary Supplement on Dec.02nd2007,( Page No:06), and also published in UGC National seminar special issue, published by Dept.of.Telugu, Bandlamudi Hanumayamma Hindu Mahila Degree Kalasala, Guntur, A.P., Page No :74-76.
23. Published an article on Samagra Andhra Sahitya Charitra: ArudraVilakshna Drukptham, Prasthnam Monthly magazine, Dec.2007 , PageNo :36-39.
24. Published an article on Mallavarapu John Kavithvamlo Maadhuryam,Vangmayi, Quarterly Magazine, July-Sep, 2007, Page No 46-51.
25. Published an article on Prof. Kolakulari Enoch’s short story kulavruttikulanirmoolana chaitanyaniki taatvika anvayam. The Hyderabad MirrorDaily Literary Supplement, January 27, 2008, page No: 6.
26. Published an article on “D.Kameswari’s Novel Manasuna manasai” –Stree Purusha Sambandaalalo aarthika aadhipatyam , The HyderabadMirror (Sunday Literary Supplement) March 16, 2008, Page No: 6&March 23,2008, Page No:06.
27. Published an Article on Dalita Samasyalapai Prajasahithi Drukpadham, Prajasahiti, 300th Edition Special Issue, January 2008,page No: 108-113.
28. Published two poems in the International Magazine Lit- crit India, an international Journal of Literature, arts & Culture. Volume V, Numbers 5&6, Spring/ summer, 2007,page: 58 -59. Translated by Dr. D.Murali Manohar.
29. Published a book review on Dr.G.V.Ratnakar’s Telugu Translated book Ambedkar dinacharya, in bahujanakeratalu monthly magazine, April, 2007, page: 22.
30. Published an article on Prof.Betavolu Ramabrahmam;s book Vyaasapeethika , 29 September 2007 www.thatstelugu.oneindia.com
31. Published an article on dalita samasyalapai prajasahiti drukpatham in August 2008, http://prajakala.org/mag/2008/08/darla_on-prajasahiti, online magazine.
32. Published an article on Dalita kathaparinaamam in August 2008, http://www.pranahita.org/2008/08/telugu_dalita_katha_parinamam/,online magazine.
33. Published an article on Dr. Boyi Bheemanna’s Ragavaasistham Natakam: vaishistyam, in september 2008, http://www.eemaata.com/em/issues/200809/1317.html, online magazine.
Book Reviews Published:
1.) Book Review: Merisina Aandhra Puraana Soundaryam , ‘Andhra Puraanam Bharateeya Samsriti Vaibhavam’ (Criticism) by Prof. Anumandla Bhoomaiah, Andhra Prabha Literary Supplement, Hyderabad, 25th July 2005.
And Online: http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/andhra.html 30th June 2005.
2.) Book Review: Veluguchoodani Konam Vendimegham, ‘Vendimegham’ (Novel) by Saleem, Andhra Prabha Literary Supplement, Hyderabad, 24th October 2005. And Online: http://prajakala.org/mag/2007/08/vendi_megham
3.) Book Review: Parimalinche Premabandhame Christu Prabhandham, ‘Christu Prabhandham’ by Dr. S.T.Gnananadakavi, AndhraPrabha Literary Supplement, Hyderabad, 17th October 2005.
4.) Book Review: Dalita Udyamaaniki Chaitanya Geetika, ‘Vargeekaraneeyam’ (long Poem) by Dr.Yendloori Sudhakar, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/darla.html, 02nd April 2005.
5.) Book Review: Dalita Stree Anubhavaala Kalaatmaka Abhivyakti, Mannubuvva, (Anthology of Telugu Short stories), by Jajula Gouri, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/mannubuvva.html, 08th April 2005.
6.) Book Review: Dhukkhopasamanaanike Uddham, ‘Ontaridhukkam’ (Poetry) byBellamkonda Ravikanth, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/bellamkonda.html, 29th April 2005.
7.) Book Review: Prayogaala Pallakilo sinaare , ‘Naaneelalo SiNaaRe’ (Poetry) by Dr.Dwa Na Sastry, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/dwana.html,
14th October 2005.
8.) Book Review: Streevaadamlo Dalita Konam, ‘Mankenapuvvu’ (Poetry), by Dr.ChallapalliSwaroopaRani , http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/swaroopa.html,
18th November 2005.
9.) Book Review: Telangaana Sahitya muddera, ‘Muddera’ (Essays), Edited by Dr.Mudiganti SujathaReddy, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/muddera.html, 25th November 2005.
10.) Book Review: Dalitula Vargeekaranaku kotta Aalochana Gundedaruvu, ‘Gundedharuvu’ (Long Poem), by Ravinutala Kishorekumar, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/gunedaruvu.html , 23rd December 2005.
11.) Book Review: Sudhakar ATA jani kanch, Dalita tatwam ! Poetry written by Dr.Yendloori Sudhakar, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/darla-venkateshwar-rao-reviews.html, 11 August 2006.
12) Book Review: Spoorthinichche “Ambedkar Dinacharya ‘ anuvada grandham- by Dr.G.V.Ratnakar, Bahujana keratalu Monthly, 22nd may 2006. And Online: http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/2007/daily-activity-200407.html
13.) Book Review: Dalita kavitwamlo staniya konam‘’atleti ala”by Dr.G.V.Ratnakar, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/long-poem.html
14) Book Review:Llotulu telipe peetika Prof.Betavolu ramabrahmam’s Vyasapeetika, http://thatstelugu.oneindia.in/sahiti/kitabu/2007/review-darla-210907.html
- Writing skills of Kandukuri Rameshbabu’s Baludi shilpam,
25 September, 2006.Writing Techniques of Maxim Gorky’s Telugu Translated Novel Amma.,23 March , 2007
2. Two lectures delivered for Distance Education Students of P.G.Diploma
in Mass Communication & Translation Techniques in Telugu at Centre for Distance Education, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad in the month of November 2007.
3. A lecture delivered on Gurram Joshua’s literary approach at University of Hyderabad held on 28th September 2007, Conducted by Dalit Students Union, University of Hyderabad., Hyderabad.
4. Two lectures delivered for Distance Education Students of P.G.Diploma
in Mass Communication & Translation Techniques in Telugu at Centre for Distance Education, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad in the month of 9th & 12th September, 2008.
- A lecture delivered on Gurram Joshua’s literary approach at University of Hyderabad held on 30 th September 2008, Conducted by Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Students Association, University of Hyderabad., Hyderabad
ACTIVITIES IN LITERACY CAMP:
A) Sampoorna Aksharashyata Movement 1994-95.,Participated &and educated 10 members in the village of Cheyyeru Agraharam, Katrenikona Mandal., East Godavari Dist.(Merit Certificate also given by Collector & Chairman, District Saksharata Samiti)
LITERARY PROGRAMMES ON MEDIA:
A) Literary Talks in All
India Radio, . Hyderabad
B) Participated in E.T.V., Pratidwani (Co-ordinate by Dr. Jayaprakashnarayana.
C) Casual Comparer (Popularly know as Announcer) in ALL INDIA RADIO.,
D) Conducting Quizzes in Telugu Literature & Contemporary Social Issues.
E) Radio Natikalu. (Popularly Know as Rupakas)
i) Swami Vivekananda
ii) B.R. Ambedkar
MEMBERSHIP IN LITERARY ORGANIZATIONS:
1) Secretary, Jyotsna kalapeetham,
, A.P., Hyderabad
2) Secretary, Telugu Sahitya Vedika, Vikarabad, A.P.,
3) Nominated as a Chairman,
Bharatiya Dalita Sahitya Academy, ( ), New Delhi
2004-2006, Universities wing,
Hyderabad, , A.P., Secundrabad Twin Cities
1) RS 4,500/- for getting Social welfare Department, Govt.of.A.P.,
(Scheme of below 10th Ranks in M.A. level- in the University)
1) UGC Senior Research Fellowship
(Test conducted by UGC,
, National level) New Delhi
AWARDS & PRIZES:
1) Jayanti Ramayya Pantulu Memorial Prize-1995
2) Veeresalingam Rajayalakshmi Memorial Prize-1995
3) Nanduri Venkataramayya&KutumbaLakshmi Memorial Prize- 1995
4) Bharatiya Sahitya Parishat Prize (A.P.) 1996
5) Kalaa Visistha Puraskaram- 2007, (March 20007) Kalasamskritika Samastha,
6.) Dr.B.R.Ambedkar fellowship award -2007, 9th &10th Dec.2007, Awardedby Bharatiya Dalita Sahitya Academy, New Delhi
I hereby declare that the above information and particulars are true and correct to the best of my personal and belief.